Issues that the update fixes:
- 3001545 Issues occur when a user selects content in a history conversation window in Lync 2013
- 2998659 Update to add recording and gallery view feature in a conversation in Lync 2013 basic
- 2996298 Update adds a tab in the “Lync – Options” dialog box to manage instant message window related settings in Lync 2013
- 2996296 Application sharing without audio or video is slow in Lync 2013 when bandwidth is low
- 2996294 Recorded audio or video content is low-quality or incorrect in Lync 2013
- 2996293 Update changes the default layout of a Lync 2013 instant message conversation window to narrow mode
- 2996292 Unexpected time stamps appear when you paste messages from a conversation window in Lync 2013
- 2996290 Memory leaks during a video call in Lync 2013 when camera’s capture resolution is 720p or higher
- 2996289 PSTN call is disconnected in Lync 2013 when you enable the media bypass setting
- 2996288 Update enables viewers to automatically rejoin a desktop sharing session in a Lync 2013 conference
- 2996287 Emoticons generated or typed text loses color or formatting when you paste text in an IM conversation in Lync 2013
- 2996286 Update changes the format of an instant message that is copied from Lync 2013
- 2996285 Error “Problem Event Name: APPCRASH, Application Name: lync.exe” when you view desktop sharing in Lync 2013
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview enables IT administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on computers that are running Windows Server Technical Preview from a remote computer that is running Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- Download: Link
- Version: 9840
- File Name:
- WindowsTH-KB2693643-x64.msu [33.7 MB]
- WindowsTH-KB2693643-x86.msu [27.4 MB]
- Date Published: 10/1/2014
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview includes Server Manager, Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-ins, consoles, Windows PowerShell cmdlets and providers, and command-line tools for managing roles and features that run on Windows Server Technical Preview.
In this preview release of Remote Server Administration Tools, there are some known issues, and tools that are unavailable. For more information about known issues with this release, see the Windows Server Release Notes.
The following management tools are not available in this release of Remote Server Administration Tools.
- BitLocker Drive Encryption administration utilities
- Direct Access
- Routing and Remote Access
- Remote Desktop Services
- Windows PowerShell cmdlets for Cluster Aware Updating
- Windows PowerShell cmdlets for Best Practices Analyzer
Polycom UC Software 5.2.0 supports the following Polycom endpoints:
- VVX 300/310 business media phone
- VVX 400/410 business media phone
- VVX 500 business media phone
- VVX 600 business media phone
- VVX 1500 business media phone
- SoundStructure VoIP Interface
Polycom UC Software 5.2.0 offers support for the following VVX accessories:
- VVX Camera
- VVX Expansion module
Note: Using Polycom phones with Lync Server
- You can register only one line when Lync is set as the base profile on the phone.
- Better Together over Ethernet is disabled by default on VVX business media phones with UC software 5.1.0 or later.
- VQMon is currently unavailable for Lync deployments.
- The phone’s web interface is disabled by default when the base profile is set to Lync with added support for HTTP and HTTPS.
- Video calls are currently unavailable between Polycom phones and the Lync 2013 client.
New or Enhanced Features
- VOIP-94647 Added support for signing into Lync using a web page.
- VOIP-92769 Upgraded ICE stack for Lync.
- VOIP-92727/92899 Added support for locking background images.
- VOIP-92480 UI optimization on call input screen.
- VOIP-92343/93014 Added support to addition control over subscription expiry timer.
- VOIP-92279/90820 Added support for GENBAND Personal Address Book (PAB) and Global Address book (GAB).
- VOIP-90822 Added support for GENBAND E911.
- VOIP-90821 Added support for GENBAND MADN-SCA.
- VOIP-89193 Reduced sip.ld file size by nearly 23%.
- VOIP-78521 Added support for gatekeeper FQDN.
- VOIP-62378 Added support for a server independent intercom.
- Update for Standard or Enterprise Edition server (Front End Servers and Edge Servers) – 2987510 September 2014 Cumulative Update 5.0.8308.815 for Lync Server 2013 (Front End Server and Edge Server)
- Update for Unified Communications Managed API 4.0, Core Runtime 64-bit – 2995717 September 2014 Cumulative Update 5.0.8308.815 for Lync Server 2013, Unified Communications Managed API 4.0 Runtime
- Update for Web Components server – 2995718 September 2014 Cumulative Update 5.0.8308.815 for Lync Server 2013, web components server
- Update for Core Components – 2987511 September 2014 Cumulative Update 5.0.8308.815 for Lync Server 2013 core components
- Update for Conferencing Attendant – 2995716 September 2014 Cumulative Update 5.0.8308.815 for Lync Server 2013, Conferencing Attendant
- 2988645 Lync contacts display no presence and have “Maximum Followers Reached” message in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2995173 Response Group Service cannot transfer a call to a PSTN number in Lync Server 2013
- 2995174 You cannot send instant message or change presence status in Lync 2010 or Lync 2013 in a Lync Server 2013 environment
- 2995176 W3wp.exe process consumes too many CPU and memory resources on a Lync Server 2013 front-end server
- 2995177 User associated data is deleted after you change the “objectClass” attribute value in Lync Server 2013
- 2995830 Error “Sorry, I can’t find a meeting with that number” when users dial in to a conference in Lync Server 2013
- 2995825 Logging feature in Lync Web App doesn’t work after passive authentication is enabled by using ADFS in Lync Server 2013
Microsoft released an update to Lync Server 2013 (Build 8308.803) that address vulnerabilities in Lync Server which can cause denial of service.
This update replaces CU5 (Build 8308.738 which released in August 2014).
- KB: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2990928
- Source: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-055 – Important
- Download: Security Update for Lync Server 2013 (KB2986072, KB2982389, KB2992965, KB2982390)
- Latest updates for Lync Server 2013: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2809243
This security update resolves three privately reported vulnerabilities in Microsoft Lync Server. The most severe of these vulnerabilities could allow denial of service if an attacker sends a specially crafted request to a Lync server.
This security update is rated Important for all supported editions of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Microsoft Lync Server 2013. For more information, see the Affected and Non-Affected Software section.
The security update addresses the vulnerabilities by correcting the way Lync Server sanitizes user input and by correcting the way Lync Server handles exceptions and null dereferences. For more information about these vulnerabilities, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) subsection for the specific vulnerability later in this bulletin.
Recommendation. Customers can configure automatic updating to check online for updates from Microsoft Update by using the Microsoft Update service. Customers who have automatic updating enabled and configured to check online for updates from Microsoft Update typically will not need to take any action because this security update will be downloaded and installed automatically. Customers who have not enabled automatic updating need to check for updates from Microsoft Update and install this update manually. For information about specific configuration options in automatic updating, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 294871.
For administrators and enterprise installations, or end users who want to install this security update manually (including customers who have not enabled automatic updating), Microsoft recommends that customers apply the update at the earliest opportunity using update management software, or by checking for updates using the Microsoft Update service. The updates are also available via the download links in the Affected Software table later in this bulletin.
See also the section, Detection and Deployment Tools and Guidance, later in this bulletin.
Knowledge Base Article
- Knowledge Base Article: 2990928
- File Information: Yes
- SHA1/SHA2 hashes: Yes
- Known issues: Yes
- 32-bit: Download the 32-bit Lync update package now.
- 64-bit: Download the 64-bit Lync update package now.
- When you sign in to Lync 2013 by using an Office 365 account, Lync 2013 prompts you for Open Authorization (OAuth) credentials.
Note To resolve this issue, you must also install the following update KB2881001:
- 2881001 September 9, 2014 update for Office 2013 (KB2881001)
- After you install updates KB2889860 and KB2881001, Lync 2013 will enable Active Directory Authentication Library Single Sign-On (ADAL SSO) in an Office 365 environment.
- 2881001 Bad password count is incremented when Lync 2013 VDI plug-in pairs with a Lync 2013 client
- 2992447 Lync 2013 crashes when a user switches shared desktop from full-screen view to actual size
- 2992448 Desktop sharing or application sharing issues during a conversation in Lync 2013
After you install this update, you may experience the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles: